- Monitor, supervise and control all physical and environmental development programmes:
- Assist the coordination of the activities of all agencies involved in the prevention of the development of slum areas in the state;
- Carry out studies and suggest policies for the control of street trading;
- Monitor the environment and ensure that roads, drainage, channel/canals, water installations and other social service facilities are prevented from damages or sabotage by individuals or groups;
- Monitor all the road setbacks and public open spaces to prevent their abuse or misuse and ensure urban beautification.
- Carry out public enlightenment programmes of the environment;
Ensure the removal of construction and demolition of materials in front of houses or along the road with occupiers of such houses served with notices, and
- Carry out other special duties that may be assigned by the Governor or by the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.
- Regulate the activities of car wash operators in the state with a view to ensuring compliance with standard operational practise.
- Regulating the activities of metal scrap dealers through sustainable environmental Development in the state